Six Steps for Your University
At each stage of the decision-making process – attention, engagement, sharing and conversion – video leads the way. Yet, with so many choices and options, it can be difficult to know how to get started. Our six steps for putting together an effective video strategy for your university will take you through the Why, Who, What, Where, When and How of video strategy.
- Getting internal buy-in by creating a strong rationale for using video as a communication tool.
- Deciding which of your marketing objectives is best served by video.
- Deciding how you’ll measure performance against that objective.
- Identifying the exact audience you are targeting (ideally using personas).
- Identifying at what point in the decision-making process your audience is.
- Deciding on the ‘takeaway’ of the video (the core message you want to convey).
- Choosing which calls to action to include.
- Deciding how the video will be used on your owned channels.
- Deciding which paid-for channels the video will be shown on (if any).
- Deciding which earned channels you want to target.
- Understanding the appropriate length of content for the channels you have chosen.
- Choosing whether to focus on mobile or desktop users (or both).
- Deciding on the target lifespan for your video content.
- Deciding when you need the finished piece by and how many weeks lead time you have.
- Considering how this video slots into your wider content calendar and future plans for video content.
- Deciding how you want to present your University’s brand.
- Considering how you can bring your message to life.
- Considering what role audio will play.
Whether you’re already an advocate for video content, or if you have yet to upload your first film or animation, we are sure you’ll find something useful in these pages to guide your strategy.
In the meantime, if you want any advice on your video strategy or if you would like to know more about how Clearhead can deliver effective video content for your University, please get in contact via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02074941589